top of page


It all started on last Monday; exactly one day before my 40 weeks were finally up. I went to the doctor for a routine checkup and she excitedly told me that I was dilated 3cm- and would be giving birth tomorrow! We got so excited and all of a sudden it felt real! Of course, it did not happen, and just like my previous pregnancies, my due date came and went.

Two days later, on Wednesday, I woke up in the morning with painful, but irregular contractions. At 4 pm I told my parents, who arrived two weeks ago, that I was going to the hospital, and they came right over to watch the kids. Noam excitedly chose his best clothing and went to shave- he wanted to greet the baby in style. What a cutie! Btw, he was very emotional, and tidied up the house like crazy and took care of all the last minute things... actually nesting like a pregnant woman though!

I arrived at the downtown hospital where I gave birth to Yuli and Ori, and at the entrance I told the lady that I need to go to the delivery room, and she asked if I was going on a tour- because of how small my tummy is! We laughed. The doctor examined me and told me that I was 4 cm dilated, and since I live three minutes from the hospital (right across the Brooklyn Bridge) I can go home and come back when my water breaks or I want an epidural. We returned home.

The whole evening I was having contractions while playing with the boys, having coffee with my parents and during dinner (I would have never imagined that my mom and dad will be part of this lol!) , and I knew that it's just a matter of time until I have to go back... At 1:00am the pain was so bad and I told Noam "let's go"... My parents stayed the night and we ordered an Uber.

Usually, the trip takes about 3 minutes, but this time there were roadblocks and we came to a standstill. Our driver was pretty stressed out when I got in the car and asked us if we were planning on having the baby in his that would have been a funny story to tell for the rest of our lives. You had to see his face every time I got contraction in his car! We arrived to the hospital and soon received a room...and at around 3 am I asked for an epidural. I told myself that this time I do not want to suffer, and after nearly 24 hours of contractions I wanted relief and did not want to reach a situation where it would be too late. When I gave birth to Ori, I asked for an epidural and the anesthesiologist came just twenty minutes before the baby was born...

After I received the epidural and was able to relax and rest, Noam got up on my bed and we both slept for about an hour and a half. At around 6am , the doctor came to examine me and said that I had a full opening and we would soon embrace our child!

At 6:24, after 3 min of pushing, we discovered that we have a daughter!! We were going crazy!!.When I looked Noam's face, he was just in shock ... I wonder how I looked haha. Everything was worth the long wait! Yuli and Ori were so excited to meet their new baby sister! Even today I'm still in shock I have a daughter. Love my crew little family!!!

Xx= Neshikot





bottom of page