Most of you that have been following along know that I keep my makeup routine quick and simple. You never know when your kid is going to bust through the bathroom door or when you’ll need to go from a day to night look all in the back of an Uber while using your iPhone as a mirror! Multitasking is a must. Sometimes I find myself curling my hair with one hand and soothing baby Romi with the other. That means I need beauty products that deliver in terms of quality and ease of use. When Birchbox approached me to collaborate on their holiday campaign I couldn’t have been more excited! I love refreshing my makeup and skincare toolbox and with all of the fun events I have coming up this season the timing could not be more perfect.
If you’ve never heard of Birchbox, it is a true miracle for busy mommas who need products that work as hard as they do ;) Every month, Birchbox sends a variety of sample-sized beauty merch based off of a personalized quiz you take at the start of your subscription. They come in this adorable box with explanations of each item and an option to order a full-sized version if you become hooked on a recommendation.
This NYC weather makes my skin super dry, and Birchbox makes sure to hook you up with items that will cater to your specific needs. For this holiday collab, I took a quiz to see if I was more #onthedot or #onthecuff. Surprise, surprise - this travel-obsessed, can’t-sit-still, always-moving mom got #onthecuff. Probably because putting lipstick and eyeliner on in the car has become a real talent of mine!
I’m so excited to share with you what I received in my box, from items to soothe my dry skin and new brands of my make-up go-tos.
1. Smashbox Always on Matte Liquid Lipstick in Driver’s Seat: LOVED this color-rich liquid lipstick. It stayed in place all day and the shade was perfect for my skin tone. I also loved that it has jojoba and sunflower oil so it’s long-lasting and nourishing for my lips.
2. Laura Geller Blush: I don’t like feeling like I’m wearing a ton of makeup - especially when I’m running around with the kids. This powder blush is so lightweight and gives my cheeks just the right amount of flush.
3. Hydra-C Eye Contour Gel-Cream: This vitamin-infused eye cream wakes up tired skin just like that. It’s super soothing and feels great to put on your lids after a long day.
4. Living Proof Style Lab T.B.D Multi-Tasting Styler: This styling cream made my hair routine that much quicker. It smoothed any flyaways and made next-day hair look perfectly tousled.
5. Juara Candlenut Body Creme: I hadn’t heard of this company before Birchbox, and I’m so happy I discovered it. This body cream made my skin soft and it smells heavenly. Can't live without it!!!
In addition to my personalized samples, Birchbox sent an amazing advent calendar with new products to discover every day for two weeks!! Each day felt like I was receiving a new little present when I got to the open the box and see what cool item was waiting for me. Some of my favorites so far have included Benefit’s BeneTint blush, Living Proof Thickening Cream for hair and OUIA Rose Hair & Body Oil.
Anyone looking for a great holiday gift for a fellow busy mom, girlfriend or sister should seriously check out Birchbox. It’s packed with gifts that keep on giving - from eyeliners that give you the perfect look, moisturizers that keep your skin looking healthy and more amazing beauty discoveries that you can’t wait to use again and again.
*Thank you for Birchbox for sponsoring this post, all opinions are my own!